Sunday, January 11, 2009

Too Faced Shadow Insurance is my lover

So I've had my Too Faced Shadow Insurance for a few months now and I must say I'm absolutely in love with it. It smoothes on over my skin beautifully but stays strong as a barrier between my oily skin and eyeshadow all day, so creasing is hardly an issue for me anymore. You'll find that there is a lot of competition and comparison on the internet between Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion. 
I have never tried UDPP because I thought the way it is packaged is unhygienic as every time it is opened it's exposed to air and light which can allow it to become a breeding ground for bacteria and can also dry out and weaken the product. 
Another reason that turned me off the product was the overwhelming response from people who found it hard to get the last remains of the product out and eventually had to cut the tube in half. I prefer the TFSI tube by far but as I've never tried UDPP I can not compare the quality. 

I honestly don't see myself buying the UDPP as I'm completely happy with my TFSI =D. 

Here is a bit of TFSI info to explain the product in more detail =)

Colour - I would say a neutral beige but I think it suites all skin tones when applied.
Matte or Shimmer - It has the most slightest amount of shimmer to it but barely noticeable.
Fragrance - It has a pleasant mild cosmetic smell to it.
Expiry - 12 months from the first time it is opened.
Animal testing? - Nope =). "Product tested on celebrities, not animals" quoted by Too Faced.
Made in - USA.
Company Details - http://www.toofaced.com

I'm also going to do a video of my TFSI review on youtube so I'll post it when its up =)

No comments:

Post a Comment