Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hard To Curl Tips


After posting my Bella Swan Hair tutorial I got a large response from users asking me if I had any tips or tricks in curling hard to curl hair? I was actually quite happy to get such a response because I honestly thought I was the only one who had such troubles with my hair. I use to scan youtube searching for videos on 'how to curl hard to curl hair' but the only vid's I found were by users with normal hair who only need 4 second to curl each section. Well it sure as hell doesn't take 4 second to curl my hair, more like 60 seconds! hahahahaha. Here are a few tips I have learnt over the years either through others or in my own personal experience. I also posted these on the description box for the video.

#Tip 1
Don't curl your hair on the same day that you wash your hair, the dirtier the hair the easier it will curl
#Tip 2
Leave your curls/curlers in as long as you can, like all day if you can. I only took mine out early because it was getting dark and I wanted good lighting for thevideo
#Tip 3
Use a small curling iron like the second one I used in the video. The smaller ones create tighter curls and don't fall out as fast as the big ones.
#Tip 4
You must use some sort of curling product or hair stray otherwise they will certainly fall out
#Tip 5
Once you hair is styled try your best to not touch your hair as much
#Tip 6
Don't use any other hot tool on your hair in the same day e.g hair straightener, hair dryer.
#Tip 7
If these tips don't work braid/plat your hair in small section all around your head the night before. Take them out right before you start curling your hair, for some reason this makes my hair a lot more easier to curl.

Now I know there are people out there that would kill to have super straight hair like mine and I do feel for you because about 7 years ago I got a perm and it was the worst mistake of my hair life. There is a lot of effort in maintaining curls and I'm quite lazy when it comes to my hair so even though I hate how hard it is to curl it I wouldn't trade it for curls. On second thought maybe just on the days when I want to use a curling iron hahahaha

Love use all
Jodie
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment