Sunday, May 3, 2009

Your First Makeup?

Hey guys I hope everyone is well and had an awesome weekend =). Anyways I was asked by an anonymous person what age I started wearing makeup and what I think is an appropriate age to start? I have always loved playing with makeup ever since I was a little girl, I use to get into my Mum's makeup and make a mess out of everything LOL. When I was eleven and twelve my sister and Mum would let me wear a bit of lippy and glittery eye shadow to school dances but it wasn't until I was 13 that I started wearing makeup. I personally believe that the age you start wearing makeup should be based on how mature you are and parental permission. This age I think is about 13 or 14 but not everyone is the same. If you have parents that will not allow you to wear makeup then I suggest that you calmly negotiate with them (e.g just wear lipgloss and eyeshadow), this will not only show your wishes to your parents but it will also show your maturity. 

I was quite brave back then when it came to makeup as I loved really shimmery bright colours but when asked by a preteen or teenager what sort of makeup to wear I would tell them to start out with more neutral colours first. I think a good natural look for a teen would include a little foundation, mascara, a cute eyeshadow (not too shimmery or bright), and a translucent lipgloss. Start off simple first then when your knowledge grows about products start adding on concealer, blush, translucent powder, bronzer, brown eyeliner, brow filler, lipsticks, highlighter, primers... the list can go on and can be quite overwhelming and confusing so take my advice and just start simple.

Like I said I have always enjoyed applying makeup but it wasn't until about 2 years ago that I started to get really into it. It takes time and practice to learn how to apply makeup properly so don't get discouraged if it doesn't always turn out right. Youtube has taught me so much in makeup artistry so its good to have that source of knowledge there. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment