Wednesday, March 10, 2010

40 Beauty Questions (answered)

Hey guys, I saw this on lollipop21's blog and also on other guru's youtube videos and thought I'd do my own. No video sorry as I tend to ramble on about things and so I would end up with a lot of footage to edit hahaha.

SKINCARE

-How many times do you wash your face daily?
This summer I've been slack and have only cleansed, toned and moisturized my face once a day. I have good skin so I can get away with this but if you have oily skin and/or blemish prone skin I recommend you cleanse, tone and moisturizer twice a day. Usually when it cools down I get back into cleansing twice daily (morning and night).

-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
At the moment I have combination oily but I use to have combination dry skin. My skin type changed when I started my make-up course as my classmates always used liquid foundation on me and this caused breakouts and encouraged excessive sebum (oily skin). My skin doesn't react well to liquid foundation and even after finishing the course months ago my skin is still slowly getting back to combination dry. I can't wait to get my combination dry skin back!

-What is your current facial wash?
St Ives Apricot Scrub. People say to use it 3 times a week but I use it every day for months and its hasn't irritated my skin. Just a make sure your gentle on your skin.

-Do you exfoliate?
Yep everyday.

-What brand do you use?
St Ives for my face and Lush's Buffy for my body.

-What moisturizer do you use?
I tend to mix up my moisturizers. Cliniques Dramatically Different Lotion, Clinique Superdefense SPF25 and my MAC Fix+. On really hot days I only apply my Fix+.

-Do you have freckles?
I have random little ones here and there on my arms and legs but none on my face.

-Do you use eye cream?
I ran out so I'm not using anything right now but I do recommend that you should start using one in your 20's.

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I get the odd pimple on my chin now and again but thats about it. When I was 17 my acne flared and got pretty bad, I started using proactiv and that cleared it all up. Also I find that I get less pimples now these days when I spray MAC's Fix+ on my face after my daily facial routine.

-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
Yes and it is a good product. There are a lot of people who complain that it dries out their skin and I totally agree but its not an issue if you have a good moisturizer. If you apply your moisturizer after proactiv and your skin still feels dry you need a better moisturizer! I used proactiv for years and because I use good moisturizers for my skin I never had any trouble with it (no dryness or flaking). What really annoys me is that people forget that this is formulated for people that suffer from really bad acne so its common sense that it will dry out your skin. However I wouldn't recommend this if you have naturally really dry skin or highly sensitive skin.


MAKE-UP

-What foundation do you use?
Sheer Cover in Medium.

-How about concealer?
Concealer is very important for me in getting a flawless completion. I use two concealers.
MAC Studio Finish in NW20 for any blemishes or redness
&
MAC Studio Sculpt in NW20 for dark circles under my eyes.

-Do you know your undertone color?
Warm.

-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I love false lashes! However I usually only wear them for special occasions.

-Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes I do. I usually keep my mascaras for 6 months though unless it shows signs of expiration (e.g flaking, smell changes, clumpy and dry...)

-What brand of mascara do you use?
My mascara is always changing as they don't last long. Right now I'm using one by Masquerade, its ok.

-Sephora or MAC?
MAC, although I dream of having a shopping spree in one of the American Sephora's. Even if Sephora came to Australia the prices will be super expensive (stupid Australian taxes and small population). I need to save for a US trip so I can get cheap make-up (yes it is cheap, compared to Australian prices).

-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
No, but once I get my kit and business into gear I will.

-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Brushes of course!

-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, it makes such a difference! I use mostly MAC Paint Pots as well as Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

-For the face?
Sometimes, although I don't really notice much of a difference between wearing a primer and not. I used MAC's Prep&Prime Line Filler.

-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
I love Satin Taupe and its not because everyone else loves it. It really is an amazing eyeshadow. I also love MAC's matte2 eyeshadow formula.

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Pencil and gel liner. I find that most liquid eye liners sting my eyes.

-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Never.

-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
They are pretty and I think that everyone falls in love with them at first but I have to admit that I prefer pressed E/S simply because its more convenient and I prefer mattes which is hard to find in loose pigments. They do look nice in my make-up collection though.

-Do you use mineral makeup?
Yes and I love it although I don't just buy mineral make-up.

-What is your favorite lipstick?
Right now my fav lipstick is MAC's Viva Glam Gaga (Lady Gaga). L/S that I commonly reach for are NYX Circe, MAC Creme D Nude and Benefit's Good To Go.

-How about lipgloss?
I've always been really into lip glosses but through summer I've only used lip balms and lipsticks. I recently learnt that it is actually really bad to wear lip gloss in the day (out in the sun) as it kind of act as an attractant to the suns UV rays and increases the risk of first degree burns. I still love lip gloss though and will probably get back into it when the weather gets cooler (aussie sun is just way too harsh in summer). My fav's include MAC's Love Nectar and all of Benefits Lip Glosses.

-What is your favorite blush to use?
NARS Orgasm.

-Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
I only buy those generic palettes from there (coastal scents). I would never buy high end make-up from ebay because there is a chance that its fake.

-Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes to some brands, but most test on animals e.g maybelline, cover girl, loreal, rimmel... TEST! I like Revlon and Physicians Formula the best as their products are mostly high quality and they don't test on animals.

-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
Australia doesn't have one.

-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yes, in fact I actually did study in make-up and I now have my Diploma in Fashion Theatre and Media Make-up as well as my Certificate II in Make-up Services. I don't think its necessary to study make-up if you are on youtube, I mostly knew everything and could do anything already in the course (except for special effects) but it did build up my confidence a lot on doing someone else's make-up. Its very different from doing make-up on yourself. My lecturer was amazing too, she worked as a make-up artist on the first Lord Of The Rings movie and the first Narnia movie. I've grown a fondness for SPFX make-up and would love to get more involved in that.

-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
If I'm in a real hurry I can be. I hate being rushed when I'm putting on my make-up (its my me time ok so just let me enjoy this).

-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
When people wear false lashes too long (the band not the lash length). Most of us need to cut them otherwise they'll end up making the eyes look droopy and thats not sexy.

-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I love colour but would usually only throw in a colour with dark smokey eyes rather then just wearing the bright colour on its own. For lips I'm a lot braver, I would totally wear a bright lipstick with neutral eyes on a night out. I'm loving bright pastel pinks and soft lilacs right now.

-Which celebrity always has great make up?
Keira Knghtley.

-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
Mascara, its amazing what mascara can do.

-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes, all the time. I think that its exceedingly important to let your skin breathe. Better skin means better make-up.

-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Yes but only if I don't have any dark circles under my eyes and no pimples/scars.

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
From what I have used I would have to say NARS, MAC, Benefit and Revlon.

-What do you think of Makeup?
Its my life. Make-up is so much more then a vain process women (and some men) all around the world take part in, its an art to me and it allows me a revenue to express myself. When ever I'm feeling sad it picks me right back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment