Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Month of May Empties





Hey readers, this is my first ever entry for my monthly empties. I was inspired to do this after I saw a few blogs doing it. If you don't know what it is it's basically a monthly post of all the beauty products I have run out of from the previous month and a little review on each product. Its also a great way to encourage me to get through my products.

Lets get started...

TRESemme Healthy Volume Conditioner-
A cheapie but a goodie. Tresemme is by far one of my favourite drugstore haircare companies. I still love to use salon products but to me tresemme has been better then a lot of the ones I have tried from the salon. I didn't notice any improvement in my hairs volume but it did make my hair nice and soft and fresh. Would I repurchase? Yes.

Face of Australia Bronzer-
Wow I really love this stuff and I'm pretty sure I did a review on it here on my blog so scroll down a bit and you'll find it. I liked this because it didn't make me go orange, was nice and even and it was only $8 or $10. The only thing I don't like is the top nozzle as the cap can get in the way and cause build up. Would I repurchase? Yes.

Swisspers 80 Makeup Pads-
My go to for removing my makeup. I like them because they are soft and don't leave any pieces of fibre on my eyes. Would I repurchase? Yes.

Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream (sample size)-
I quite liked this as the exfoliating beads were really fine. You do have to be careful though as it can be harsh if applying too aggressively. Would I purchase after trying this sample? No, even though I liked it I would prefer to buy cheaper exfoliating products.

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild (sample size)-
Very standard, nothing special to me. I think it would be perfect for people with sensitive skin though. Would I purchase after trying this sample? No, too expensive for something so basic.

[A'kin] Pure Radiance Rosehip Oil-
I used this for weeks and never saw any sign of that beautiful radiance so many people said it gave them. That being said even though it didn't make any improvement to my skin it didn't make it any worse either. I should have known though as oil products never do anything for me. I ended up using the rest as a moisturiser on and arms and legs. Would I repurchase? No, I might as well get canola oil and use that LOL.

Clinique Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser (sample size)-
Wow I loooovvvveeedd this stuff. Sometimes I get lazy removing my makeup so I just jump in the shower and this stuff was so good at removing my makeup with the smallest amount. The formulation was absolutely beautiful too, the cream was like velvet but foams up like nothing else. Would I purchase after trying this sample? Yep, but not until I can afford it.

Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defence Moisturizer (sample size)-
I like this because it has SPF and I only needed a little bit so it lasted ages but I did notice that I had to be careful with it around my eyes as it did sting them a little. I also wasn't a fan of the pot style packaging, I know this is just a sample but I really do hate pot containers for skincare as every time you open it it is exposed to the light and air so the beneficial ingredients start to decrease in their efficiency a lot quicker then pump style products. Would I purchase after trying this sample? Probably not.

Bathox Bath Foam & Shower Gel Dry Skin-
This was a really cheap shower gel I picked up ages ago. It contains milk and honey and is soap free. I really liked the smell and it did a good job of foaming nicely. A good find for an inexpensive shower gel. Would I repurchase? Yeah, its a good staple to fall back on if I run out of my luxury shower gels and are to strap-for-cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment